Estimated Delivery: 14-21 days.
We all know chocolate pairs well with everything, but we suggest a white dress shirt and dark denim to highlight this shade, which is dyed naturally with walnut extract.
- Limited Edition: 20 or less will be made of this jacket
- Made to order
- 100% hand-spun Andean wool
- Thread handspun and woven in a pedal loom by artisans in Salasaca, Ecuador
- Dyed with natural plants
- Vegetable ivory buttons - Tagua
- Mandarin collar
- Interior vertical pocket for sunglasses and essentials
- Label crediting the artisan who manufactured it
- Ethically Handcrafted in Miranda, Northern Ecuadorian Andes
- Unique Color: slight variation in shade will occur as a result of the use of natural materials
- Dry clean only
We work with seamstresses from rural communities to handcraft each of our pieces, enabling them to become independent through their skills and provide for their families. We pay 7% of the price of each of our products directly to the seamstress that manufactured it.
Additionally, this jacket comes with handcrafted buttons made out of Tagua tree seeds, a native species that grows in the Ecuadorian rainforest. This natural product is widely known as vegetable ivory for its resemblance to animal ivory. Tagua handcrafts are a great option to replace ivory products, by using the seed we are helping to stop elephant hunting.
In 1 year a Tagua tree produces 20 pounds of vegetable ivory, that is equivalent to the amount of ivory a female elephant produces in a lifetime.